Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions about a Fender Twin II

Hey all,

Does anyone know of a source of front panels for Fender amps? I have seen some on line but can't remember where I saw them. I have a Twin Reverb II (a rivera era model) in the shop that customer wants a new one (the original is missing, yep, gone). I may shoot an email to Fender but doubt they would have anything like that kicking around.
    I also need to find a source if possible for the pull switch pots that Fender used in these amp...not sure of the value of the pot as I'm at my regular 9-5 job and the amp is in my shop at home. I suspect that any place that sells these would have a variety of what Fender used...the pot works OK but the switch part is toast...it's the switch that selects channels.

Thanks,
    Tim
    Electronic Sound Technologies

Try antique audio electronics, www.tubesandmore.com

Click on Amp Logos, Covers & Feet, then click on Logos and panels

About the switch, they do stock some original fender switchs and pots.

Good luck getting parts for Fender, they only deal with "authorized service centers". Fewer and fewer companys are allowing "unauthorized persons" to call them for parts or schematics.

-Ernie,
    Ernies Electronic Repair
    Last edited by e_c_mccollum; 01-31-2008, 06:18 PM.

Comment

But any Fender dealer can get you Fender parts. I believe Fender will tell you if they have a certain part available, so you can order from a dealer knowing they can get it.

Volume controls and especially ones with pull switches are all custom made for the OEMs, so it is not like you will find them at Mouser. So you really need to find Fender parts most of the time.

They may or may not have that faceplate, won't hurt to ask.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well, I can give it a try...I am a Certified Fender Technician and do warranty repair for dealers in the area...I've just not had good luck getting parts for some of the older amps from them, especially "odd" parts like this. I normally don't have problems getting parts like transformers etc from them but some parts are no longer available for these older amps.

Here goes nothing...

Comment

Oh geez, factory is always my first line of defense - you luck out or you don't, all for the price of a toll free call or an email.

Might Mojo have a front panel face? Not like that model was all that popular though.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            Oh geez, factory is always my first line of defense - you luck out or you don't, all for the price of a toll free call or an email.

Might Mojo have a front panel face? Not like that model was all that popular though.

Yeah, I guess I should've emailed them first, I guess. I just fired an email off to them. I haven't tried Mojo yet...I just got this amp and the owner has a big chubby to get it looking like it did when it first came out....It's not in bad shape but the front panel is missing (he wrote over each pot what they were for with a sharpie and his channel select switch is toast). He loves the clean sound and he's a pretty darn good player....does a lot of blues...he makes it sing, that's all I can say about it...plays it with an early 60's tele...

Hoping the fact that it wasn't all that popular (It's one of the Rivera era amps) they may have some NOS parts for it....

Tim

Comment

Well, they have the pot but, no surprise, they didn't have the front panel. Oh well, I tried...maybe I can find a basket case one that I can plunder...

Comment

Working...
              X