How to take apart a Micro Cube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to take apart a Micro Cube?

I've got a Roland Micro Cube on my bench with a broken jack. I can't figure out
    how to slide the chassis out. I've undone everything I can find but the chassis
    won't give.

What's the trick?

Understand that I'm just guessing here -

If the speaker is front-loaded (mounted to the outside of the baffle), try taking it out and looking around for a couple of screws.

Does it seem to be stuck on just one side? Front edge, back edge, somewhere specific?

Hope this helps!

Comment

Figured it out. The chassis was glued in at a couple of points.

Comment

GLUED? Yuck.

How are you supposed to service the thing?

Comment

Don, you don't work on new amps much? Chassis often get stuck to the tolex, the paint, the whatever. Especially newer amps. Not saying his is new, but it shows up as a problem on newer stuff a lot... for me. They don't actually glue it.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Only thing I noticed unusual about the Microcube is that you have to remove screws that do not appear to be related to the chassis mounting, but actually are. It is also pretty tight and doesn't slide out readily. Watch the speaker cables - they are not quite long enough to pull the chassis completely away from the box. The speaker terminal connectors can pull off, though. They aren't soldered.

Comment

I assume that this is a battery/portable design? What IC's do they use and are they low power designs? A schematic would be interesting to have. Besides Pignose who else makes a decent portable and are there any designs over 20W RMS?? T H X

Comment

Working...
              X