No announcement yet.

Reverb circuit -- any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb circuit -- any recommendations?

I build a very nice 5E3 style amp that is slightly hot rodded for 6L6s. Its a great amp. I'm always being told by clients to add reverb. I really don't want to modify the amp circuit at all so I want to try just installing a solidstate reverb circuit at the front end.

There are a number of reverb projects with schematics on the internet. Has anyone here built one of these with good results? I'm looking for recommendations.
    Keep the shiney side up

I jsut built another Stage Center Reverb. It works.
    I found a two long spring tank, Accutronics is the only info, no input condenser impedance information available...
    So I put a low impedance mosfet source follower after the SCR's driver circuit, this seems to help drive the springs.
    AFAICT from reads, clean is the 'conventional desired quality' for reverb drivers, and Accutronics says 'drive them hard'...not how hard.
    That puts tube input in a different light, though I think a tube input might be desirable..just because it's a tube input..?
    So say we got past the input [tube/SS or just SS], and have a nice driver setup for the tank.
    First thing out of the tank I think...SS fits the bill, again we're looking for simple boosting [voicing too etc.] of the tank output.
    That said [mixing Ss and Tubes]...reviews of the Fender 6g15 are rating it highly as 'sound thickener'...
    So...if that's not sketchy enough, the theory I propose is that for clean boosting, SS devices can to good work but don't necessarily fit the 'tubey' sound of the fatter reverbs.
    I think some work could produce a reverb which could keep up with a 6g15 in most respects except the number of tube stages by judicious useage of SS devices and tubes.

Comment

Working...
    X