Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Valvetronix 30 watt combo

Hell Gents,
    I wanted to see if any one uses the Vox Valvetronix amps here?

I'm thinking about buying one of the new XL series 30 watt and seen a post on Youtube for it and it sounded pretty nice but wanted some opinions on these amps.

Thanks

Dave

As a Vox service center, I cringe when I see a Valvetronix come through my door. I hate working on them. VERY inconvenient construction, convoluted circuits, thorough pain in the ass. Perhaps someone else has a more rosy opinion of them.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hello Enzo,

Do you see these amps break down very often?

I see good reviews on these amps mostly but always glad to hear some one give a good technical side to how the build quality goes. I'm betting these are sort of like the line 6, a computer circuitboard in an amp

Thanks

Dave

Comment

I can't tell you how many of them fail, all I know is when I DO have to work on one, it is a nightmare to me. I won't say it is poorly constructed, it seems sturdy enough, but the way it is put together defies easy service. it isn't junk, it is just a pain in the ass.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X