Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.33 Ohm emitter resistor instead of a .22 OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .33 Ohm emitter resistor instead of a .22 OK?

Hi Guys...
    I have a Fender Stage lead on the bench with an open emitter resistor in the power amp...customer needs it back soon and I don't have any .22 ohm resistors to pop in there. If I replace both .22's with .33's on each output's emitter is that going to wreak havoc with the bias point on the power transistors? I don't have a schematic for this amp...

Enzo, is this the same basic layout as another Fender amp as this amp isn't on any of the schematics I have from them...it's the Fender Stage plain (not stage II, SE or any of those variations). I thought I had one here but can't find it if I did...

Thanks,
    Tim

I can send you this schematic if you need it.

Comment

Thanks Twist...that would be great...my email is

tvendt %at% comcast *d0t* net

Appreciate it alot... I could call fender tomorrow but it'll put me behind the eightball that much further...

Tim

Comment

If you changed all the .22s to .33s, I don't think the world would end. DOn't mix them though. Might be some tiny effect on damping or something, but not likely a concern. Especially on this amp.

I don't know if this one resembles some other one, I always just get out the one I need since I have them all - or just about all anyway. Having said that, all the Fender SS amps of the era have a great similarity.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

That's what I thought Enzo....just wanted to bounce it off a couple of techs first....thanks all!

Comment

Working...
          X