Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handwired Fender Pro Jr layout?

Hey Folks,
    Anybody got a good turret board layout for doing a handwired Pro Jr?
    -Erin

You could use an 18Watt Lite II layout without too much modification. However, if you are going to go to the trouble of building an amp why would you choose to build a PJ and not an 18Watt or Lightning?

Comment

I Happen to like the PJ...thought it would be a good project seeing as most PJ's are a PC board. I will look into the 18 watt lite. Still interested if anyone has a PJ layout.
      -E.

Comment

I did find this page. On the 18watt lite EZ81, how does one rewire the socket for use of a 5y3? I have included a link to the photo of the layout....
        -Erin
        http://www.dreamtone.org/18watt.htm
        http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...2/untitled.jpg (link to layout photo)
        Last edited by lexluthier72; 02-14-2008, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lexluthier72 View Post
          ...how does one rewire the socket for use of a 5y3?
          The PJ PT has no 5V tap so you can't use a 5Y3 in a PJ using the PJ PT.

Comment

"I Happen to like the PJ...thought it would be a good project seeing as most PJ's are a PC board." Other than the world's most expensive Pro Jr (OK.. apart fom the Woodys & designer, unconvincing "distressed" look jobs), what are you trying to achieve?

I'd only consider this if your PCB has suffered some sort of catastrophic failure. Even then a new Pro Jr will only cost about the same as a handwired refit (once you have considered the hours, then the debugging time)...it will not significantly affect the amp's resale value either - in fact it'll probably have the opposite effect.

If you want to build another design, why not just do that anyway from scratch?

ALL Pro Jr's are PCB aren't they?

Comment

I am looking for the PJ tube compliment with a 5y3 rectifier...thats all. I have a PT with a 5v tap. I am NOT rewiring a PJ....Merely looking for that style layout in a handwired format. I am building from scratch. Most of the layouts Ive seen are incomplete, and do not have the power section.
              -Erin
              Last edited by lexluthier72; 02-14-2008, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I found this handwired pro jr, but the power section is incomplete, and is SS rectified....I have an existing chassis with trannys Id like to re-build, the pro jr fits the tube compliment with the exception of the SS recto....The tube compliment is (2)12ax7 (2)EL84 (1) 5y3....Id like to build within these parameters, and the PJ seemed a pretty good fit, plus I like the tone of the PJ...Lastly, I do better with a layout style diagram, than just the schematic.

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...urrent=PJ1.jpg
                Last edited by lexluthier72; 02-15-2008, 01:47 AM.

Comment

found a modded 18 watt that will work.

Comment

Working...
                  X