common thread... another dead boss DD3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• common thread... another dead boss DD3

so i have the newest version of the Boss DD3 Digital Delay, and one day, sound just stopped moving through. the led lights up, but on or off, i get no sound at all unless i really crank the amp or heat up my signal with a distortion pedal. i am getting sound out of the direct out, but as soon as i route sound out the output jack, no dice.

i've pulled the thing apart, but i have no idea what i am looking for other than really melted stuff, and it looks pretty nondescript.

sooo... am i just totally screwed?

another thing, could someone hook me up with the wiring diagram for this thing? i'm having a hell of a time getting it online.
    Last edited by daviddalgardno; 02-17-2008, 05:30 AM.

If it's new - you should have the 5 year warranty. It will be a hassle, and you'll have to wait a while, but I say, contact Boss and get it repaired.

So strange - might be something simple. Boss pedals are pretty reliable in general.

Good luck,
    Ed
    www.PhilosoPhrets.com

Comment

The newest Boss digital stuff has a built in problem with their internal power converter. The controller chip is not rated for the common power supplies that feed it, so they die a lot. It's a design problem that they may have corrected at some time along the way, maybe not. But that's why it's common for them to die. The symptoms are as you describe them when this happens.
      Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

so how do you fix it? is it super hard?

Comment

Working...
        X