Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic 30 same as always??

Hey all,

I have a newer model C30. I know mods for the C30 are supposed to make a big difference in the tone of a C30, but I can't find anything I'd want to change about mine.

My question is, does the new C30 have the exact same circuit as the older ones? Peavey updated the cosmetics and added the tube guard. They ship them with JJ tubes, too. I wonder if they did something to the insides...

Unfortunately, I don't have an older one to compare it to.

Ed
    www.PhilosoPhrets.com

It is identical electrically - same circuit boards.

They ship their amps with a number of brands, you happened to get JJs, but next month it could be Ruby tubes or EH or whatever. They don't choose the tubes based on some magic tonal basis. They select whichever manufacturer can supply them with production quantities reliably and on time. The differences between brands are small, and the amp will always sound like a C30 no matter what tubes are in it. You may prefer one brand over another, but the difference is in the nuance not the overall tone.

If you like the amp as it is, then leave it that way. It bugs me when people write in and want to know what mods they can do to their new amp - before they even see it. Thank you for not doing that.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm not messing with this one. It's really very sweet sounding for what I do.

Eddie
      www.PhilosoPhrets.com

Comment

Working...
      X