Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echoplex question

Hi,

I have ran across an Echoplex EP-3 that seems to have an extra pcb in it.
    The schematics that I have found on the web do not include this extra board.
    Here is the picture of the unit.

I got to AB this to three other EP-3's and personally like the sound of this one the best. My best guess and initial impression is that it is some sort of record preamp.

Anybody have a clue or a schematic for this one?

The pcb appears to be original and matches the others perfectly.

I emailed Mike Battle but didn't get a reply.

Thank you,
    George

That looks like the compressor board they added to the EP-4 and I guess some EP-3's. Generally speaking it are not well regarded , and even in the manual it is recommended that it be removed. I've attached the page from the manual instructing how to do so.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Regis; 02-20-2008, 02:59 AM.
    Stop by my web page!

Comment

By the way, check out my echoplex page.
      Stop by my web page!

Comment

Amazing Regis! Thank you so much for the info here!

I checked out your site and find it informative and valuable to many players.

If you don't mind I would like to add a link to your site on my site, which is PedalworX.com, because there really are not many repair facilities available for the Echoplex units. I think this is a good thing and wish you all the best.

Regards,
        George

Comment

Sure George, go ahead. Just remember I am not an expert on the Echoplex, I just play one on the internet.

I've been putting off plans to upgrade that page, I guess I'd better get off my ass and do it.

regis
          Stop by my web page!

Comment

Working...
          X