Paper (and other) tapes in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper (and other) tapes in Europe

If anyone is interested by Japanese paper tape (and other tapes BTW), here is some supplier in Europe (Germany).
    They have all kind of width and color and several different brands (you may recognize some):
    http://212.97.99.144/shop/index.php?...31f45.81016293

The shopping cart is only in german for now.

I had contact with them, you cannot order one single roll, they come by pack.

FYI, the prices they gave me is (+shipping):
    Kamoi Tape 220 black, 12mm x 18m, 10 rolls/item, 14,60€
    Kamoi Tape 220, 6mm x 18m, 20 rolls/item, 26,50€
    Kamoi Tape 220, 7mm x 18m, 17 rolls/item, 18,60€
    Rinrei Tape 140, 6mm x 18m, 20 rolls/item, 27,-€

Yves.
    www.bourvonaudiodesign.fr

Rinrei Tape is what Stewmac sells, in case someone wants a comparison.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Thanks !

..for the link.I use the stewmac stuff but the bigger sizes are nice for the leadwire side of the PAF bobbins.
      I will order soon.
      cheers
      david

Comment

Watch out! I have some stewmac "Union Tape" paper tape that is conductive.

Comment

Originally posted by EtLa View Post
          Watch out! I have some stewmac "Union Tape" paper tape that is conductive.
          Do they still sell that?
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
            Do they still sell that?
            I don't know but the tape that I have and see on the stewmac website is conductive for sure.
            Last edited by EtLa; 03-20-2008, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EtLa View Post
              I don't know but the tape that I have and see on the stewmac website is conductive for sure.
              I got mine from them last year, one is Rinrei tape and I forget the other (or which one is the paper and the cloth), but neither of the rolls I have is conductive.

Either they are using an old image or they changed what tape they use.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                Either they are using an old image or they changed what tape they use.
                It's probably an old image, I bought mine three years ago and have a Union Tape label like on the picture.
                Last edited by EtLa; 03-21-2008, 11:30 AM.

Comment

I just looked at two rolls I have. The paper tape is made by Rinrei Tape, and the cloth tape is Teraoka Tape.

Comment

Thanks David and Etla for the details.

I am going to make an order from Stewmac soon and will have some tape to try it.
                    Actually, I came accross this supplier in Germany, but at the moment 20 rolls is too much for my need.

Up to now, I've been using electrical tape, which works just fine but for cosmetics I wanted to try the paper tape. As for the conductive thing, I hope it is not (conductive).
                    I've read this conductive issue as well with 3M 235 tape in some older post.
                    But in any case I first wrap the coil with teflon tape (which is a bit of a pain to work with though), so that nothing is sticky directly on the coil. I find this to be better, should the adhesive tape has to be removed later on.

Comment

Hello,
                      I ot my order from them last week.I checked the paper tape today.
                      I got rinrei and kamoi and I can say it is non conductive .
                      Thanks for the link!!!!!
                      cheers
                      david

Comment

David,

good news if it helped, good news as well if none is conductive.
                        So if you have both brands, how do they compare ?

Yves.

Comment

Hello Yves,
                          the Kamoi is a bit thinner than the Rinrai.The Rinrai has a the darker color.
                          I like both of them.After taping the pickup I laquer the papertape so the tape
                          will not fall of the pickup wehn I wax it.
                          best
                          david

Comment

Hello David,

Thanks for the details and advice!

Yves.

Comment

Working...
                            X