Ibanez roadster bass pickup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez roadster bass pickup.

I just pulled a jazz pickup out of my 82 roadster bass. Never really liked the sound of it, thought I'd make a new one.
    Anyway i checked the resistance of that and the Pbass pickup in it as well.
    The p measured at 10.8 k. But the jazz measured at 19.9k.

Is that normal?
    It seemed alot higher than i was expecting.

That's not unusual because the response of the jazz pickup is underwhelming compared to the P bass pickup at normal DC resitance, especially as it's so close to the bridge. So it's quite normal to see a much hotter jazz pickup at the bridge when twinned with the P bass pickup.
    sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Ahh right. It still sounds bad. 8)

Thanks.

Comment

What quality about the pickup don't you like, and what are you looking for?
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Its just always sounded a bit "weak" compared to the Precision pickup, always had a hum to it. I never really use the jazz anyway.

I think i may have fixed most of the hum anyway. There was a brass plate under the pickup, the ground wire was disconnected. So Ive soldered that and put the jazz back in to see if it helps.

Comment

Working...
          X