Fret buzz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fret buzz?

Hi guys,i have a les paul studio.I seem to have quite a bit of fret buzz on the 6th,5th,4th,3rd strings mainly from the 5th fret up to the 22nd fret.Any thoughts how to correct this?One other thing i should mention is the neck seems a little bowed foward and seems odd because my understanding is the looser the neck the less fret buzz correct?Any ways thanks guys any reply's would be much appreciated.

It sounds lie it is back bowed.. away from the strings. You need to slightly loosen the truss rod (righty-tighty, lefty-loosey).
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
      It sounds lie it is back bowed.. away from the strings. You need to slightly loosen the truss rod (righty-tighty, lefty-loosey).
      Thanks david,yeah the neck is bowed away from the strings.Could it be the heavier string guage also,im using .11's would that effect the bow of the neck?

Comment

Originally posted by gibsonaxe View Post
        Thanks david,yeah the neck is bowed away from the strings.Could it be the heavier string guage also,im using .11's would that effect the bow of the neck?
        Strings with more tension will create an up bow. Changing to lighter strings generally creates a back bow.

Sometimes you just have to adjust the neck... that's why they put that rod in there.

I have an Ibanez bass that needs adjusting all the time. When I made my own necks I made sure I wouldn't have to do that anymore.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Thanks again david,i had the neck set at the shop and took it home raised the saddle slightly and checked the intonation which i fixed.Man there's still quite a bit of fret buzz.I guess i'll have to leave it at the shop and let them check everthing.

Comment

Working...
          X