Digitech GNX3 DEAD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech GNX3 DEAD...

Hello all I bought a Digitech GNX3 "as is" to fix up for my son- I have all power supply voltages (the one 3.3 volt supply measures 3.26 volts) but no led display or other lights and or audio (I do have a slight hiss thru the headphones- but no audio) I do have the correct 2.1a 9vac supply fo it. Is there a factory reset? or has anybody run into this before? I have the schematic and could send it to you.
    -Chuck

I would recommend emailing Digitech. They have always been very good at responding to repair questions I have. I'm sure they will do the same for you. Ask them how to do the factory reset as well.

if this doesn't work, post back here and I'd be glad to give you some help. I would like a copy of the schemo if you can send it to me. I'll look at it while you email digitech.

cjlectronics at yahoo dot com

Comment

Thanks for the tip!

Digitech replied:
      Hi,
      Our flat rate for repairs is $85 which covers parts, labor and return
      shipping. You may want to first try downloading software version 1.5
      from Resources>Software at www.digitech.com and run the RP Updater.
      Start the updater with the power off to the GNX3 and when the Updater
      shows "trying to connect" immediately turn on the power to the GNX3.

William Clayton
      Harman Music Group
      Technical Customer Service

I'll try it and see...I may have to humble myself and send it to them for $85, I have to watch out sometimes it gets to be a personal challenge and I wont give up until too much time/money has been spent- LOL

Comment

It's Alive!!!

First of all I'd like to send out a big thanks to cjlectronicsfor recommending that I e-mail digitech tech support ( I figured yeah right, they are going to help out me? Mr. joe Q. wannabe-fixer-upper- guy) But they replied!!!
        As per the digitech tech support e-mail, I figured I'd try the software update before sending the unit in (I figured for sure it was a hardware problem) I purchased a USB to MIDI cable and downloaded the software for the RP updater from Digitech. I followed the instructions included in the readme file and after a while I could see the program "talking" to the GNX3, when the software was finished The lights came on. For a brief moment I shared the same feeling as Dr Frankenstien IT'S ALIVE!!!! (I SHOUTED) now I have to go and reassemble the unit and test it out....

Comment

my gnx3 is dead.. i dont speak english. i am from venezuela.. i need you healp.. my gnx3 does not update.. dont turn on.. :S please healp me...

Comment

Working...
          X