Hafler T2 Tube Preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hafler T2 Tube Preamp

Hi. I just picked up a Hafler T2 tube preamp and it is cool. My issue is every where I read, something is mentioned about a gain boost from a pull switch. Where the hell is it? I pulled on my switches and nothing happens. I am confused? Can someone help?

I am also wondering what is the best gain boost pedal to run in front of a tube preamp for more over the top boost?

Well....

I don't have any insight into the pull function on the very cool T2. But, I have a few suggestions for a good boost into the front end. In no order of personal preference:

DOD Fet Preamp - good clean boost - also works great in the FX loop for a lead boost
    Boss DS-1 - good dirty boost - especially if you set up your amp / preamp with just a little grit and then kick in the DS-1 for the dirt....
    Tube Screamer - sometimes overdone but consistently good
    Tube Driver - the one with the contour control - I LOVE the rackmount version because it's not (yet) as expensive at the EJ model pedal.
    Morley - Distortion One (I know....Morley??? But I had one and it was great as a clean boost with the distortion down and the level up)

Hope this helps.

Lonzo

Comment

Pull switches generally refers to switches on the pot shafts. Did you try pulling out on all the pots? Looks like the third one from left says PULL GAIN next to it. The DRIVE control.

Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I just looked at the picture you posted of the T2 and I must have an earlier version because mine doesn't have the gain boost written on it and my drive pot doesn't pull. Interesting. Thanks again.

Comment

Oh well, for everything that is, there is something from before it.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X