Pentode/Triode DRRI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentode/Triode DRRI?

Would It be possible to install one of these on a circut board DRRI? I'm finidng myself playing at home a lot and while this amp stills sounds pretty damn good on 2-3, I'd really like some more options!

Anyone have some info on this mod on a reissue?

Thanks,

Rick

Originally posted by Rick1114 View Post
    Would It be possible to install one of these on a circuit board DRRI?
    The change in wiring would require changes to the output tube sockets, and not the pc board, so why not?

If your amp has the dummy ground switch on the back panel, replace it with a D.P.D.T. switch, and rewire the output sockets.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
      The change in wiring would require changes to the output tube sockets, and not the pc board, so why not?

If your amp has the dummy ground switch on the back panel, replace it with a D.P.D.T. switch, and rewire the output sockets.

Thanks - that's the answer I was looking for. I've found the schematic for the switch - it doesn't look too difficult. Wish I could see a picture of what it looks like wired up....

Rick

Comment

I don't see any problems either... however, I have always found the faux triode set up in a beam forming power tubes sounds a bit lifeless and a little dull.
        Bruce

Mission Amps
        Denver, CO. 80022
        www.missionamps.com
        303-955-2412

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
          I don't see any problems either... however, I have always found the faux triode set up in a beam forming power tubes sounds a bit lifeless and a little dull.
          You are probably right - better stick with an OD pedal for low volume dirt. I'm going to try a 1500 ohm resisitor for the NFB to reduce the negative feedback and see if that helps with pedals at lower volumes. Amp is sounding nice & spongy (i.e. no more bitey harshness) after a upgrading all the caps, but still pretty stiff compared to Vintage DR. Maybe it just needs to be played for 40 years!

Rick

Comment

Working...
          X