No announcement yet.

Few questions about plain enamel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHUT THE FLUCK UP GREG, YOU WATER DRINKING, RICKENBACKER PLAYING, NOSE PICKING, AUDI DRIVING, BLUES PLAYING, SMELLY SNEAKERED, DAY JOB, (crap I ran out of adjectives, someone help me out here, no, wait a couple more....) SEYMOUR DUNCAN PLAYING, (ouch that was mean and nasty), MID 30'S, WHITE ANGLO SAXON MALE, WITH NO WIFE AND NO KIDS....pant pant, I gotta sit down that wore me out......
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I spoke to Jim Morrison at Wirenetics yesterday about their stock of Plain Enamel. He replied that 'when it's gone, it's gone'.
      sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

And what about alternatives to plain enamel ... Like the Tim Shaw PAFs, polyurethane enamelled gibson made in the 80 I have these on my Les Paul Custom 85, I compared them with real PAFs yesterday, ok mine sucks !!!

But is really Plain enamel the only solution ?
        I am in France, can I find some plain enamel in Europe ???
        Do you kids stop shouting ... EVEN IF I UNDERSTAND THAT SOMETIME I FEEL THE SAME F*CKING NEEEEED TO SHOUT !!!
        Oh I did it !! ;-)
        Let there be rock http://fjgaston.free.fr
        Guitars : 1965 Gibson melody maker, 1969 gibson SG, 1985 Gibson Les Paul, 1957 FEnder Duo Sonic, 1963 Fender Musimaster, Fender strange stratocaster, Gretsch mod solidbody, "la blue" the strangest guitar ever made; Effect : Disto Blaster; Amp : 1973 Hiwatted Sound City 50 +, 1970 Sound city 120, 1958 Fender Champ, 1969 Carlsbro, 1970 Carlsbro, 1966 EKO, Home made amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
          I spoke to Jim Morrison at Wirenetics yesterday...
          The Lizard King?
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Well, let's put it this way; he sounded quite distant and not very well.
            sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

You guys slay me
              **laughing hysterically**
              -Stan
              ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
              Stan Hinesley Pickups
              FaceBook

Comment

Originally posted by soundmasterg View Post
                This place is usually a pretty civil place with most people not resorting to shouting and swearing to get their point across too.

Greg
                Shoot me your addy, I'll send you some kleenex
                Attached Files

Comment

Here ya go Nighty, you can send them in this :

Click image for larger version

Name:	enamelled tissue box.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	811968

It coated in black enamel.
                  sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Classy Snot wiper

Here ya go Nighty, you can send them in this :

[ATTACH]2390[/ATTACH]

It coated in black enamel.
                    Oh, Now he's wiping tears in class!! : ) You know, I talked to Jim for quite some time awile back. They are just not going to stock it anymore. They are a bit higher in price too- About 8, or 9 dollars per pound too.
                    Heres a pointer...They are a wire company....They also make 4 conductor as well for Seymour and a few others that have the $$$, but you have to get in at the right time to get a lot while they are making it because they normally do not stock it. Super nice stuff...

Comment

Well, let's put it this way; he sounded quite distant and not very well.
                      He probably said "You cannot petition the wire companies for PE!"
                      Last edited by David Schwab; 05-07-2008, 03:19 AM. Reason: typo
                      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

You guys are making it sound like I can't live without this stuff. Up until this week I thought PE stood for polyethylene, -shows you what I know.

I actually like the shouting and cursing, it's easier to read and it just shows me how much you all care about these damned guitar pickups. It's as if they wouldn't exist without you. I'll bet you guys will be winding pickups long after the power grid is gone and we're all living in thatched huts again.

Comment

Hey, the "Professor" did it using coconuts for batteries. GILLIGAN, LITTLE BUDDIEEEE.......
                          -Stan
                          ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
                          Stan Hinesley Pickups
                          FaceBook

Comment

The word enamel always reminds me of my student days. Me and a friend shared a house where we had a rust-stained enamel bath tub. One day I decided to paint it with enamel paint. Wrong type of enamel and a very bad idea especially as my buddy took a bath before it was dry. The paint cemented his ass cheeks together and nobody wanted the job of seperating them for him.
                            sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                              He probably said "You cannot petition the wires companies for PE!"
                              When I was back in pickup winding school...

Comment

Yes Jim Morrison alive and well and apparently blind. what they have is the bottom of the barrel PE, you tell them you want 42 gauge and it will show up measuring as fat as .0032" which is insane. If you ask for certain diameters they will say sure budddy ol' pal send us your money first, then when it shows up its entirely different. they are either blind or they have a micrometer that only reads to two places and is rusty and doesn't work right either. but they do the same thing with their poly wire, you order 43 gauge and get 42 heavy build. this is why its essential to own a good micrometer :-)
                                http://www.SDpickups.com
                                Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Working...
                                X