Chandler Tube Driver pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chandler Tube Driver pots

Anyone familiar with these pots? They are extremely noisy, and barely any signal gets through. How do you clean them? They don't look too easy to open and I don't think I will be able to find replacements.

Andrew M.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Andrew M; 05-05-2008, 05:43 PM.

I've been looking for these pots for years. Problem is, if you find NOS units they will probably be just as noisy as the ones you want to replace. In the past, I have had to use the Alpha equivalent (found at Mouser) and wired them in to work. The Alphas aren't an exact replacement but they're close.

CJL

Comment

A workaround is good, I didn't realize that the alpha pots are thin enough to fit in the space between the circuit board and the case. I was starting to think I was going to have to put the circuit in a new enclosure.

Thanks,

Andrew M.

Comment

alpha pots

I came across this thread and i need to know the exact alpha pot to use for my late 80s chandler tube drive.
        Please let me know if possible

Comment

Originally posted by mikemm View Post
          I came across this thread and i need to know the exact alpha pot to use for my late 80s chandler tube drive.
          Please let me know if possible
          I bought these Alpha pots from smallbear - Alpha Single-Gang 16mm Rt-angle PC Mt. Knurled Shaft

Not a perfect fit, the holes on the enclosure are too big, so I had to mess around with some washers to hold them in place. Not an ideal solution, but it works fine now.

Andrew.

Comment

Working...
          X