Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool for Tightening Knurled Nut?

Probably a dumb question, but --
    What do you use to tighten the knurled nut that secures a Les Paul-type PU selector switch? Fingernails wouldn't provide enough torque and pliers seem to be a little clumsy. StewMac has a nice toggle switch wrench for $18.45, but I'm just replacing one - not making a career out of this. Any suggestions for a more economical approach?
    Thanks.

I use needle nose pliers, bent tip needle nose work even better, I've used hemostats before and my Leatherman multi tool. Small size pliers are available that work well, I've used those too since I happened to find a pair once upon a time. One of the few uses I have for them actually...but I don't think I'd buy them just for one nut. I'll also replace them with the nut style (if I have one with the right threads) so I can use a wrench or small crescent wrench.

Any of them are clumsy to work with in that position, probably the bent tip needle nose are best for ease of use, or bent tip hemostats.
    Why do I drive way out here to view the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

My Photography - http://billy-griffis-jr.artistwebsites.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Paleo Pete View Post

Any of them are clumsy to work with in that position, probably the bent tip needle nose are best for ease of use, or bent tip hemostats.
      Great. Thanks for taking the time to post a thoughtful reply!

Comment

Jack Briggs

sigpic
        www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

Working...
        X