Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BurstBucker wiring on Fender Strat issue!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BurstBucker wiring on Fender Strat issue!!!

Hi I want to wire up a Gibson Burstbucker onto a Strat with 5 way switch. The problem is the pickup seems to have only 1 wire can anyone tell how can this be done? I've heard that people have done it before but I can't work out how.
    I am trying to avoid opening the pickup, please any suggestions?

Thanks

There are two leads.The outer braided part of the lead is the ground.The wire with the plastic coating inside the braided wire is the hot. You need to the seperate the two enough so they can be connected to their soldering points.Also be aware that you may have phasing problems if the Gibson and Fender pickups are used in any combination with each other due to differences in the winding direction and magnet polarity orientation between the two.

Comment

well is there a solution to this problem ?

I just want to make sure I get the combination that works ... basically I would like to use strat as before, just adding humbucker at the bridge position ... to get more dirty gibson sound ... I guess setting switch to position 2 would combine the burstbucker and signle coil in the middle which could produce not sure what kind of sound or side effect as you mentioned

any ideas? thanks

Comment

The 1 wire you see is a coaxial cable. If you peel back the braided wire strands you'll see that inside there is an insulated wire. Connect the inner wire to hot, the braided wire to ground. Careful not to get the wires so hot when soldering that they melt the insulation and short out, inner to outer. Peter
        My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Fender Wiring and a bit of googling wil turn up lots more.
          Why do I drive way out here to view the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

My Photography - http://billy-griffis-jr.artistwebsites.com/

Comment

Working...
          X