Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transistor matching question

Hi, I'm new here. How's it going?

I'm trying to fix a noisy solid state reverb tank, it's like a Fender tube reverb unit but with diodes instead.

Anyway, I'm trying to replace the diodes. The part number, BC149, shows up at my local electronics supply shop as replaceable with an NTE Inc. NTE123AP. They have the NTE product but not the BC149. Trouble is, the NTE transistor is about half the size of the BC149. I checked the NTE website and it shows the two as interchangeable. I don't even think the leads coming from the NTE are wide enough apart to fit into the same holes on the PCB board as the original BC part.

I guess my question is, did these people feed me a line or is this little part somehow a proper replacement for the stock component?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    dusty tolex

The leads will bend. Just splay them out a bit. And I guess you meant transistors, not diodes?
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
      The leads will bend. Just splay them out a bit. And I guess you meant transistors, not diodes?
      I thought a diode was a transistor. Will check again.

So you don't think that the difference in sizes will have any bearing on performance? I don't have to worry about blowing a fuse or something?

Also, I see that there is a two-prong cord on this item - it looks newer then the rest of the unit. Could this be the source of a white noise kind of hiss that comes through this device while in use?

cheeers, thanks for responding!

dt
      Last edited by dusty tolex; 05-24-2008, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Bump - please, anyone?

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
          X