Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hickok 532 Tube Tester--How to test 6BQ5, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hickok 532 Tube Tester--How to test 6BQ5, etc.

Anyone know where I can get settings for my 1956 Hickok 532 so that I can test more modern tubes like 6BQ5's, 7591's, GZ34's, etc.?

Originally posted by Humber View Post
    Anyone know where I can get settings for my 1956 Hickok 532 so that I can test more modern tubes like 6BQ5's, 7591's, GZ34's, etc.?
    Because I just happen to know this by rote memory for EL84s or 6BQ5s:
    6.3v EV 2793-0 14 91 P4 7500
    and I'm sure you know what that all means.

I'd have to dig out my cheat sheet for others.
    Bruce

Mission Amps
    Denver, CO. 80022
    www.missionamps.com
    303-955-2412

Comment

Thanks, Bruce. Maybe I should make a list of what I'm missing, unless you can send me your whole cheat sheet. That's a big help.

Comment

Originally posted by Humber View Post
        Thanks, Bruce. Maybe I should make a list of what I'm missing, unless you can send me your whole cheat sheet. That's a big help.
        Make a list and I'll see what I have too.
        Bruce

Mission Amps
        Denver, CO. 80022
        www.missionamps.com
        303-955-2412

Comment

Okay, Bruce, here's everything I could think of in a few days. Feel free to add anything; I'm into guitar amps, tube stereos, and organs, so I have a broad range of tubes to deal with, and I'm just getting my feet wet at the moment.

7591, 7199, 7247, 7027, EL34, OA3, 5AR4 (GZ34), 6EU7, EF86, 6CG7, 6FQ7, ECF86 (Vox AC10? same as EF86?) EZ81, 12DW7, 6550.

Where did you find these? Just a most recent scroll?

Thanks a ton!

Brent

Comment

tube test data

Brent, there are tons of tube test data booklets availabe on ebay.go to the ebay store of ziggy7. I think his store is called "tech manual reprints". Also,email sonny@radiolaguy.com. Very helpful. If you look hard enough you WILL find free downloadable data by going to google, typing in hickok 532 and check that out. I used to download them off the web but found that the hassle of all those loose sheets and using up my printer ink and paper was awful.So i buy the nicely bound proffessionally printed ones from the guys previosly mentioned. One more place to look ,which is real good is http://www.vacuumtubes.com/manuals.html . That is the web site for SND Tubes. Or email them at sndtubes@vacuumtubes.com. Hope this helps, Wayne P.S.--Sonny's website is radiolaguy.com
            Last edited by nickyclyde; 01-27-2009, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X