Mu-tron Biphase - no effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mu-tron Biphase - no effect

I've never used or worked on one of these. I will apply my usual test routines to this pedal but thought I'd post to see if anyone has any helpful tips or info on these things and troubleshooting them. oops.... will repost in effect forum, my bad.

Check *all* solder joints before doing any hardcore t-shooting. I had a Mutron Phasor II that one of the op amps in the LFO section was pulling away from the pcb. It was hard to see but the pins were broken loose from the board.....solder was still on the pads and looked ok. Go over it with an iron, I bet it'll take off again.
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

thanks for suggestion. I went through and touch all solder joints on switches and opamps. That brought the phase effect back to life however the "rate" control was still not working. I then found that the pot leads were in their respective holes but were no longer electronically making contact. I think that these designs are really lame... why would anyone build something that depends on solder for structural stability?? Anyway I resolder the leads and all is well and good. think I might use wire for some of these connections instead of depending on the stock pcb solder pads and their physical connection to the pots/switches.

Comment

Working...
      X