Laney VC30 Low volume problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney VC30 Low volume problem

I got a Laney VC30 with a low volume problem. When I turn it up, nothing. When I turn it on up to 10, a little sound comes out at about conversation level. I did a tube swap and speaker swap with no success. Anybody have any ideas? Any good web sites on repairs?

Thanks.

Could be a number of things. Do you have access to the insides of the amp? Or better yet, are you comfortable opening up the circuit to take some readings?

If not, try the typical tube swapping procedures. After all, who knows at this point. Heck, I was working on a homebrew a little while ago and I was having the same problem, very minimum volume. After about an hour I realized one of the tubes was not in the socket. Stupid me. However, the reason why I still got a signal(althought very tiny) was because the other components were still picking up the signal that was coming in from the input stage. Point it, you could have a bad connection but still be picking up a stray signal.

Comment

I would be checking the effects loop's jacks, (if it has one) or open her up and poke her with sticks ala Enzo, 3 times a charm for me

Comment

I opened her up and checked out the resistors and capacitors. I am an amateur with little experience. I have moded some effects and amps so I think I know enough just to get me into trouble. I gave up on it the other day and turned it over to a pro. I am waiting to see the verdict. I did notice that a tube socket was a little mangled.
        Thanks al the same.

Comment

Working...
        X