Marshall AVT 150H power module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall AVT 150H power module

Where can I order these from? Also anyone have a schematic? Thanks again .pb (Marshall AVT 150H valvestate 2000).

The chip on it is the TDA7293V, which Mouser sells for under $6.

Generally the other small parts are not harmed, just clean the smoke off. If a trace burnt off, then repair with wire. Sometimes if the chip burnt up enough, the mute circuit back on the main board is damafed. SO if the new chip doesn't restore sound, look there.

The modules complete would only be available from MArshall - Korg in the USA. I've not seen them on the after market, then again I never looked. SOmeone could be selling them. Wholesale on the module is $36. SO you can see why I might prefer just to replace the chip for $6.

Send me an email with the subject line MArshall AVT150 and I'll forward the drawings.

tmenzo at msn dot com
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      The chip on it is the TDA7293V, which Mouser sells for under $6.

Generally the other small parts are not harmed, just clean the smoke off. If a trace burnt off, then repair with wire. Sometimes if the chip burnt up enough, the mute circuit back on the main board is damafed. SO if the new chip doesn't restore sound, look there.

The modules complete would only be available from MArshall - Korg in the USA. I've not seen them on the after market, then again I never looked. SOmeone could be selling them. Wholesale on the module is $36. SO you can see why I might prefer just to replace the chip for $6.

Send me an email with the subject line MArshall AVT150 and I'll forward the drawings.

tmenzo at msn dot com
      I just ordered a couple from mouser - the part number is 511-TDA7293V, I think they are $5.

Hope that helps!

brian

Comment

Yep, I just wrote up an order for 10 of them, I might get more. Got a MArshall MG350 here that uses four of them, and when one goes, they all do. And the first four I installed worked for only a litle while. blew before I could determine why two were heating.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I just installed two TDA 7293s.

Keep your fingers crossed.Its working so far.PS the tones another story.Thanks Bros.pb

Comment

I just got one in too and the same story - ordering the chips. Just went through the same thing before I looked here. It must be terribly common.

Comment

Well, the amps are terribly common. Hard to convert number of repairs to percentage of product. When you use a chip as the power amp, anything that goes wrong with the power amp means the chip. Can't replace a driver here, an output there, a bias diode here.

Comment

One thing to watch out for, especially on the 350...make sure the filter caps are completely discharged before you plug the power cable onto the modules. if there is any residual charge in those caps it can (and does) surge through the 7293's taking them out before you can even turn it on....it took me a couple tries before I saw the spark when I was reconnecting everything for the third time. After I discharged the power caps before reconnecting everything, no more problems...

Comment

HOW

Excuse me but how do u discharge the caps u mention?

Comment

Working...
                  X