Peavey Ultra Plus doesn't power up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Ultra Plus doesn't power up

I've recently had an issue with the sound of my Ultra head. The clean channel became distorted. and I lost a lot of power on my distortion channels. I thought it would be best to change out the tubes as the starting point to troubleshooting the problem. I changed out both the preamp tubes and the power tubes to matched GT's and now the head does not even power up. Is there a fuse or something like that that I may have blown or is it likely that I've created another issue? I'm not the most technical person when it comes to amps. Any help would be appreciated. - Thanks.

There are fuses inside the amp and it's most likely the culprit. I would think the caps are discharged by now but I have to warn you there are lethal voltages that can be stored so take caution. One of the new tubes may be bad so you might try them one at a time to see if the fuse blows again. When you get all of the tubes to light and still have problems with volume try patching a guitar cable from send to return and see if you get it back. The front panel lights will only work with the footswitch and it is also possible a faulty pot could cause the volume loss.
    KB

Comment

How do I get to the fuse?

OK, so I am hopng the current problem is just a blown fuse. Is there anyway to get to the fuse without taking the whole thing apart? I don't see an easy access to the fuse (you would think there would be). Anyone know where the fuse is located on the older peaveys?

Comment

Same place they are on newer Peaveys - inside the chassis.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

That's what I thought...

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X