Hammond 1750N OT color code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond 1750N OT color code?

If you've followed my saga, i have a high gain pre in a marshall style build with a EL34 50 watt output section using a heyboer OT. I've posted here endlessly about the bass being fuzzy and top being harsh and hard sounding. I even asked about whether the OT may be to blame because heyboers seem to always be used for 18 watters or fenders, but i never see anyone use them in 50 or 100 watt marshall style builds. Well. It worked quite well. The amp sound much better with the hammond, and it didn't lose any complexity or tone quality at all. Just made the top work and sound much better and more correct if you will. And the lows are nice now. I'm sure heyboers are great for fender style circuits or vox or whatever. But the hammond works much better in a el34 marshall circuit to be sure. Just wish i'd done this long ago.

By the way, If anyone want a heyboer 50 watt 4k OT with little use and lives nearby in the L.A. area, PM or email me. It's about a $100 OT and i'll sell it for 1/2 that. Don't want to mail it because of the weight, so only local please.
    Last edited by daz; 08-06-2008, 12:16 AM.

The thread title is not accurate as you can see. It stayed the same even tho i changed it in edit. It WAS about the color code but i found that out before anyone replied, so i tried to change it to another related topic.

Comment

Working...
    X