Removing the chassis...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the chassis...

This may seem like a silly post, but I cannot figure out how to remove the chassis in my new Gibson amp. I have removed every visible screw with no luck. The only other suspect is something that looks like the top of a wood screw, and theres 4 of them. Theyre flat and theres no way to remove them that I know of. Anybody know what these are? Are they indeed wood screws? Theyve got to be whats holding it in

Are they plastic ? Some of the Epiphone amps I've seen recently have plastic plugs covering over the main chassis bolts.
    You have to lever them out which is sometimes easier to say than do.
    Blunt kitchen knife under the lip work it round .
    I suspect they make them in such a hurry the wood is still green and the glue is not dry so they kinda hard to get out without damaging them.
    Could be barking up the wrong tree though...
    Gotta picture ?

Comment

Originally posted by oc disorder View Post
      Are they plastic ? Some of the Epiphone amps I've seen recently have plastic plugs covering over the main chassis bolts.
      You have to lever them out which is sometimes easier to say than do.
      Blunt kitchen knife under the lip work it round .
      I suspect they make them in such a hurry the wood is still green and the glue is not dry so they kinda hard to get out without damaging them.
      Could be barking up the wrong tree though...
      Gotta picture ?
      I've had a few cases of "glued-in chassis" syndrome, most notably in Kustom and Randall amps, but an Acoustasonic and a Hartke gave me problems once. A very wide putty knife is very handy for this.

Comment

I seem to remember those platic plugs covering the screws also. Dave that has to be a royal PITA dealing with that thing. Haven't been fortunate enough for that.
        KB

Comment

And some smaller amps use the handle screws to hold in the chassis as well.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X