Vacuum Tube Op-Amp schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum Tube Op-Amp schematics

By way of Bob Pease's (renowned analog wizard) site, I found some datasheets and schematics for Vacuum Tube Op-Amps using just a pair of 12AX7 tubes. The downside is that they want +/300V supplies, but for an opportunity to try a BiQuad filter set or a tube-synthetic-inductor-EQ, it might be kinda cool.

Bob Pease is great. If there is such a thing as an electronics hero, he's mine. His book, Troubleshooting Analog Circuits is one of my favorites. Every time I read it I learn more stuff. He talks about those old op amps often in his column in Electronic Design.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Whee, I love that book! Have you seen my tube parametric EQ circuit? http://www.scopeboy.com/peq.html

I used op-amps for the "synthetic inductors" (actually state variable filters similar to biquads) but I arranged it so all the gain and any clipping happens in the tube stages.
      "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
      X