Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojotone Pickup Parts

Hello Everyone,

I was pondering the idea of adding some more pickup parts to the list. One being Mini humbucker parts and possibly Alnico 3 rod magnets. I know everyone wants nickel silver covers but do most prefer brass or nickel silver baseplates?

It may not be something we can do right now depending on start up costs, minimal quantities, etc, vs the actual demand, but I would like to check into this if anyone is interested.

On the Alnico 3 rod magnets, we would get 5mm (.195'') diameter, and I would like to find out what lengths people are looking for the most. Vintage correct if possible. PS: We may only be able to offer 1-3 sizes to begin with

I am open to suggestions and I appreciate everyone's support. Everyone here is a pleasure to deal with. Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

David Shepherd
    Mojo Musical Supply

There's a big demand for parts being right. for too long we have been at the mercy of people selling second rate crap. I'm guessing you'd be mad to get anything made that wasn't right from the get go. Looking forward to what you produce.
    sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

No brass please.
      As far as Know there is GJ as parts source for mini humbuckers but all parts are made of brass.
      So if you want to stock those go for the real ,vintage correct materials.That is what pickups makers are looking for.
      Thanks
      David Barfuss

Comment

Some blade humbucker parts please! Both full size and Strat size.

The Asian suppliers make them, but no one carried them.

I'd also love some P-90 covers without holes.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post

+1

and JazzBass covers without holes for 4, 5 and 6 strings.

Comment

Parts

Some blade humbucker parts please! Both full size and Strat size.

The Asian suppliers make them, but no one carried them.

Dave, You know you can get the Forbon Precut to size from me any time: )

Probably be better than and Injected molded part : )

Mojo, How about some P90 Humbucker covers in German Silver?? And Double hole (12 hole ) humbucker covers...No Brass Dave!!

Comment

Originally posted by NightWinder View Post
              Dave, You know you can get the Forbon Precut to size from me any time: )

Probably be better than and Injected molded part : )
              Yes Wade, and I will be taking you up on that soon!
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes Wade, and I will be taking you up on that soon!
                BTW, I don't think you added the holes in the Blueprints you sent?? Either that, Or you know....Its not an APPLE!!LOL

Comment

BTW, I don't think you added the holes in the Blueprints you sent?? Either that, Or you know....Its not an APPLE!!LOL
                  No, they were there. That was the whole (eh, hole?) point!

They were cross points for the center of the hole, but not the hole itself.

Did you want the hole diameter?

Comment

No, they were there. That was the whole (eh, hole?) point!

They were cross points for the center of the hole, but not the hole itself.

Did you want the hole diameter?

YEah,, It would limit the cost for the template : ) I'm such a rookie On the Epogie...I got alot to learn. This one does not have a strong enough laser to ingrave/cut metal...I want the one that cuts metal!!

Comment

YEah,, It would limit the cost for the template : ) I'm such a rookie On the Epogie...I got alot to learn. This one does not have a strong enough laser to ingrave/cut metal...I want the one that cuts metal!!
                      OH... my bad. I misunderstood. I though you wanted centers. You still need it? It would be real simple to change it.

Comment

No Brass!
                        They don't make them like they used to... We do.
                        www.throbak.com
                        Vintage PAF Pickups Website

Comment

Hey David,

Any chance you guys ship outside of the US, say to the Philippines? I've always bought my stuff from Stew Mac. Got to have those nickel silver covers which I think SM does not stock.

Thanks

Comment

Alnico 3 rods would be of interest to me, first preference would be .688 length, but if only stocking one length it should be vintage correct for the most well known application, which is tele pickups I think?

I would use them in new designs and have some flexibility

-----
                            Later edit - the Stewmac site says .630 and .688 are vintage correct for tele pickups, not sure if this is accurate
                            Last edited by Scott S.; 09-04-2008, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruel View Post
                              Any chance you guys ship outside of the US, say to the Philippines?
                              I know that they ship to Europe...

Comment

Working...
                              X