problem with a MARANTZ PMD350 cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with a MARANTZ PMD350 cd

hi, i?m looking for some help. i have a problem with a MARANTZ PMD350 cd module.. when i introduce a cd in the module it can?t read the cd.. it shows "error" in lcd screen and when i put the cd module at 90 grades the cd is readen.. i don?t know what can be wrong. i think the lasser is out off focus
    thank you for your help.

sounds like a failing spindle motor.....
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Have you cleaned the laser lens?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        Have you cleaned the laser lens?
        well i cleaned the lens with isopropilic alcohol, and i have the same problem, but do you think the problem could be the motor that makes the disk spins?

Comment

i don't know how to answer to everybody who is helping me... if someone can help me to teach me how to use this page...

Comment

Your posts are on my screen. To answer us, just do what you did: click the "POST REPLY" button.

CD decks are outside the usual topic of most guys here.

Gtr Tech suggested the spindle motor first, so it could be, then I suggested the lens.

Never look into the lens when it is working, the beam is infrared so you cannot see it, but it can still damage your eyes.

Take the cover off and watch what happens from a safe angle. Look underneath the disc, is the lens moving up and down trying to focus? Does the spindle motor ever spin, even a little? When there is no disc, rotate the gears or whatever to move the laser sled to the far outside position. Now put in a disc and see if the laser moves back to the center spot.

I am not sure what 90 grades means. DO you mean degrees? If you mean turning the unit on its side, then see if anything moves - why is it different when turned.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

If turning the unit up on its side causes it to work (read discs) then thats a common symptom of a failing spindle motor. Spindle motors are cheap....replace it (or have it done by a tech) and it'll likely get it back on the road again.
              The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Working...
              X