Roland Cube60 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Cube60 problem

So, did we ever come across any schems for the later designed newer Roland cube amps?

Got one that had a bad output amp, replaced it but it still has a strange problem.
    It seems to be screwing up the power supply and has noise/hum/DC on the output.
    Any ideas? Thanks.

Is yours different from the one at Schematic Heaven? That is the version in my files.

Isolate the problem, run the pre out somewhere for a listen, and run something into the power amp in for a listen. And scope that power supply.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check and see if that's the schem for the Cube60D.

Amp has output up to the headphone jacks, then looks like it runs into a couple little surface mount transistors before hitting the output chip amp Lm3886 i think.
      One of the supplies is loaded down a bit and both have a nasty sawtooth from what I remember.
      I have to pull the output amp and see, thought I'd get lucky and it'd be fixed when I changed it.

Thanks for the Carvin X100A schem (old 1981 model) in your gallery, a little too late as this site nor ampix were not coming up for me for a few days so I had to fix it without a schem!

Comment

The Cube 60 I have and SH has must be older than yours, there is no 3886 or any sm stuff, just discrete outputs.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well I pulled out the output amp chip and the power supplies are a nice clean + and - 40v.
          Input signal is there, and I have a mute control of -12v....is that correct?
          I'm going to check for any wierdness then try another LM3886 amp....maybe I got a bad one or killed it while installing, we'll see.

Thanks.

Comment

Okay, found a bad solder trace on the -v input pin of the LM3886 and all's well.

Comment

Schematics? We don't need no steenking schematics.

Comment

Had to use the microscope at work....the eyes aren't what they used to be.

Comment

Working...
                X