Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox AD60VT loses memory when using foot controller

Greetings all,

I've searched all of the sites I can think of for a schematic on this - seems too 'new' to be available.

Client states that the program memory is ok until he uses the foot switch (Vox VC-4) - then all of his programmed presets are gone.

Is this the nature of the beast - or is there a memory capacitor (EProm backup) that is failing perhaps?

Regards,
    ChancesR

hi
    i have a vox ad60vth ( the head ) and its not new ,its discontinued (link to vox....http://www.voxamps.co.uk/archive/index.asp

also search this site for
    "link to vox schematics". i didnt find the ad60 but the new ad 50 is rhere ( should be close?...lol ).
    my head has noise that you can hear as a note rings out...so far no luck fixing it....boo-hoo///lol
    also email enzo...he hates theses amps but knows a lot about em
    good luck
    Clay
    p/s/

The thing has a reinitializtion function that resets all presets
    enzo put this up on my post...link
    http://music-electronics-forum.com/s...t=gunn_slinger
    could be the pedal is doing a reinitializtion in error or its operator error...lol
    Last edited by Gunn_Slinger; 09-23-2008, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Gunn! I appreciate your response....and agree on many of the points you made. Especially the S&W--

I also have a feeling that it's Pilot Error here. I've been reading the manual for this amp - not much help, but he may be resetting it somehow.

I'm going to play around some and verify before I call him.

Thanks again,

Regards,
      ChancesR

Comment

And why not contact Vox and ask if this condition is something you are overlooking.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Uhm...
          if the problem only happens when you connect the VC4, I don't think the problem could be due to a bad storage cap or battery, if this was the case, the same thing would happen every time the amp is switched off. ( BTW EPROMs and EEPROMs don' t need a battery backup, only RAMs do ).

( a silly question-do you connect the VC4 to the amp with the amp on? If so the initial current spike would most likely cause problems-the VC4 has to be connected before switching the amp on ).

I would first try to sort out if the VC4 is defective...if it is, chances are ( I' m not playing with your nickname ) it draws too many current, lowering the amp' s internal logic supply, I would try another VC4 ( if you have the chance ) and see if the amp behaves the same, if this is not feasible, I would try to supply the VC4 from a separate source, measure the voltage/current, and see if there is any change in the amp's behavior.

Hope this helps
          Best regards
          Bob
          Hoc unum scio: me nihil scire.

Comment

Working...
          X