X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a kick ass paf tone

CHECK THIS CLIP OUT---ARS----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vea42...eature=related

I think Barry has always used a Les Paul deluxe with mini humbuckers, hard to to tell in the video because of the glare.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
      I think Barry has always used a Les Paul deluxe with mini humbuckers, hard to to tell in the video because of the glare.

It's a Deluxe with minis.
      Jack Briggs

sigpic
      www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

IMHO, I'd say those old plexi's are a major part of that "kick ass paf tone"

Those ARS guy's play great, love 'em, and they're a bit un-animated which reminds me of an old manager's montra, when one plays for people, one should try to look as though one is having fun doing it.

Another guy (whose name escapes me at the moment, dammit!) from Thin Lizzy played a lester with mini-hum's and had a very similar "great PAF tone" too in songs like Jail Break and The Boys Are Back In Town.
        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Scott Gorham !
          Scott played a L P Deluxe and Brian Robertson a LP Standard or Custom,not shure.
          I love the Live and Dangerous album and the video tape is great ,too.
          They both play with heart and soul and the band has a great groove.
          cheers
          david

Comment

Originally posted by Electricdaveyboy View Post
            Scott Gorham !
            Scott played a L P Deluxe and Brian Robertson a LP Standard or Custom,not shure.
            I love the Live and Dangerous album and the video tape is great ,too.
            They both play with heart and soul and the band has a great groove.
            cheers
            david
            YEAH!
            -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

If you want a fantastic guitar tone w/PAFs, I don't think you can do better that Wishbone Ash. Sweet sweet tone.

Comment

Those amps are a major part I agree, as far as I know it's the same ones he has always owned. What a great tone.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
                  Those ARS guy's play great, love 'em, and they're a bit un-animated which reminds me of an old manager's montra, when one plays for people, one should try to look as though one is having fun doing it.
                  That was pretty much the style of those southern rockers back in those days. Check out any Lynrd Skynrd videos and you'll see pretty much the same thing. They just stood there, looking kind of board with it all.

Comment

It sounds like he's picking with one of those rock picks made out of stone, or something metal, maybe its because they're minis. yeah, what a boring presentation, not very exciting to watch...

Wishbone Ash was one of my favorite bands back then, kings of the double leads, I think they're still around aren't they?
                    http://www.SDpickups.com
                    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Yes Wishbone Ash,
                      I meet them in 2004 after a show in UK.
                      I wound a set pickups for the guitarist that played in wishbone ash at this time.
                      As far as I remember Andy did use new amps on stage and no special vintage stuff.
                      He asked Gib-son for a Gibbo Flying V signature guitar and they told him not to waste their time.
                      I heard at the moment he uses a Flying V style guitar made by a luthier based in the UK midlands with handwound pickups that come verry close to the PAF pickups in Andys old V.

Cheers
                      david

Comment

Hey Possum, either youre up early or going to bed late

Comment

Want Tone?

Rufus Huff
                          www.tonefordays.com

Comment

Originally posted by J S Moore View Post
                            Want Tone?

Rufus Huff
                            Don't get much (any?) better than that!!

Comment

Originally posted by hasserl View Post
                              That was pretty much the style of those southern rockers back in those days. Check out any Lynrd Skynrd videos and you'll see pretty much the same thing. They just stood there, looking kind of board with it all.
                              Yes, I know, I'm from those days).
                              -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Working...
                              X