Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jcm 200 dsl 100 head blowing H.T. fuse with the effects loop.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcm 200 dsl 100 head blowing H.T. fuse with the effects loop.?

ive got a marshall head that keeps blowing the H.T. fuse when im running a bunch of effects pedals through the effects loop and it keeps going. it usually lasts about 10-15 hours of playing time and i dont know why it keeps going. does anyone know why it keeps doing this?

Because you have a tube that is going out. Even new tubes out of box can fail and this amp is notorious for not liking tubes that are even a tad weak. Try some new power tubes and see what happens. Another problem with this amp is the bias pots on the older 2000's are easily in the end users hands which is rare for any amp almost but funny how this amp always has tube problems with those pots back there. I noticed the newer 2000's removed them from the back. Check your bias and make sure it's not underbiased.
    KB

Comment

how do i check the bias? im not too familiar with amp repair.

Comment

Do you have a multimeter and are there some pin looking things in the back of your amp sticking out with two trim pots on it ?
        KB

Comment

It is more likely you have a bad tube. Bias trouble doesn;t usually blow fuses. Tubes can run red hot and melting without blowing the fuses.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

yeah if i take off the back grill then there are some pins sticking out on the bottom. i dont have a meter thing how much do those cost. also ive heard that groove tubes are better to use because they are tested more thouroghly and are less prone to being weak. is this true? cause i bought the amp used and have never changed the tubes. does anyone know if there is a big difference between the ecc83,12ax7 and the 12AT7 preamp tubes better/worse and are they interchangeable?

Comment

Working...
            X