EQ pedal suggestions/opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EQ pedal suggestions/opinions

I am considering buying an EQ pedal. Can anyone make any suggestions, or give opinions, either good or bad? Thanks.

Boss GE-7

I've got the Boss GE-7. It's got +/- 15 dB range. Good for a boost or making a dull sounding effect a little better. I thin David Gilmour uses three of these on his pedal board. Check eBay - they're pretty cheap.
    Black sheep, black sheep, you got some wool?
    Ya, I do man. My back is full.

Comment

ive got an eq pedal that i love ! its a mid 80's yamaha A-EQ6 graphic eq . its got 18 db gain/cut ! its sounds great when used to overdrive a preamp or for just plain clean tone shaping . never really cared much for the boss eq pedal , sounded flat compared the yamaha , as well did the dod eq pedal . so , if you can find one , id say go for the A-EQ6 by yamaha .

Comment

For the most part, one 7-band is as good as another. They tend to all focus on the same bands and provide roughly the same amount of cut/boost. They may claim to provide 18db boost, but that's a heckuva lot, and not necessarily supportable in clean fashion with a 9v battery. There's also the question of whether more boost/cut range with the same puny slider allows sufficient "dialability", or whether +/-12db is optimal for short-throw sliders like you usually find.

Slider pots are also much more susceptible to damage and noise than normal rotary knob pots. Best to get one with sliders that feel sturdy, smooth, and have good protection from the outside world.

Ideally, you want a master level control, since significant adjustment of one or more bands is likely to mess with your signal level. Alternatively, you may want to use it to goose certain bands pre-distortion, in which case the level control will let you push even harder.

Comment

MXR 10band. Its driven by 18VAC So you can tweak the freq. and boost the signal a lot.......and low noise.....

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?p...p_and_e_detail

Comment

Working...
          X