Fender Deville 212 Noisey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Deville 212 Noisey

Hope someone might be able to help, just bought a Fender 212 DeVille it is in vgood condition but quite a humm in the back ground is this normal or coud there be a problem ?
    Regards
    David

No, it should be reasonably quiet. But have someone who knows amplifiers listen to it, I have no idea how your expectations match up to the amp.

If it is excessively hummy it could be from weak or bad power tubes - I suspect someone selling the amp didn;t invest in new tubes for the sale. There could be cracked solder to the power tube sockets. The tubes could be fine but terribly mis-matched.

Or a preamp tube could be hummy. Your power transformer mounting hardware could be loose.

The 100 ohm resistors that balance the neater supply could be burnt open.

The list goes on, unless you are technical enough to demount the circuit board and solder components on it, I suggest you take the amp in for service. If you have such skills we can help further.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Cheers for you advice there is a good audio tech nearby I might get some new tubes as spres first
      Thanks
      David

Comment

Working...
      X