Guys, how do you do?
This is my first post. I wish I could colaborate with this forum.
I`m building a Masco MAP15 Clone, you know, the combo, but in a head way.
I have been reading some stuff, like the paper of Gerald Weber about harp amps, and Randy`s article that`s here: Lone Wolf Blues Company 6L6SE Amp Project
I`m thinking about making some mods to the amp.
YouTube - MASCO MAP15 GUITAR
YouTube - MASCO MAP15 HARP
Now, I`m working on this mods.
1. Lower the gain of the first stage.
I think it`s not necessary, they are low enough
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
2. Replace the power supply filter caps and increase the values.
3. Replace coupling caps with harp friendly caps.
I`m using .01uF, is that right?
4. Change the bypass cap of the cathode resistor. I`m using 10uF with 220ohms, what do you think about 33uf?
5. Mod of Weber: waveform non-symmetrical with a Pot
6. Connect the speaker reverse polarity with respect to which half of the waveform is bigger
Well, thanks a lot, actually i apreciate you spending time in this post, and giving your advice.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)