Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By tedmich
  • 1 Post By Mick Bailey
  • 1 Post By Mick Bailey

Thread: Evertune bridge. YES or NO. And why?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    69

    Evertune bridge. YES or NO. And why?

    Heard about
    1. Lack of sustain on higher notes, and somewhat thin tone
    2. Saddles moving and screwing up the intonation

    EVERTUNE ? SHOP

  2. #2
    Old Timer tedmich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sonoma CA
    Posts
    3,093
    What problem is this design solving? A detailed explanation is absent from their WEB site.

    Seems like a lot of metal and money for an amorphous promised benefit:
    "To be honest with you, the Evertune system was a bit baffling at first. I was skeptical to say the least. What I came to learn during the process of tracking guitars for our upcoming album was mind blowing to say the least. Not only does the Evertune system greatly increase the efficiency whilst in the studio, it allows the player to well, just play"

    I mean maybe if you've contemplated giving up the guitar because the intonation wasn't "perfect"? Life is a sloppy mess, deal with it IMHO. I manage to "just play" fine without this and playing efficiency does NOT keep me up at night, but to each their own...

  3. #3
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,919
    There's a lot of technology stuff around guitars. Think of all the great players and look what they use; meat-and-potatoes designs invented half a century ago.
    johnatanasoff likes this.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by tedmich View Post
    What problem is this design solving? A detailed explanation is absent from their WEB site.

    Seems like a lot of metal and money for an amorphous promised benefit:
    "To be honest with you, the Evertune system was a bit baffling at first. I was skeptical to say the least. What I came to learn during the process of tracking guitars for our upcoming album was mind blowing to say the least. Not only does the Evertune system greatly increase the efficiency whilst in the studio, it allows the player to well, just play"

    I mean maybe if you've contemplated giving up the guitar because the intonation wasn't "perfect"? Life is a sloppy mess, deal with it IMHO. I manage to "just play" fine without this and playing efficiency does NOT keep me up at night, but to each their own...
    I am thinking wether to block my ibanez lo pro edge or install evertune.
    So is it something you tried, would buy, and recommend, or not? If not, why?

  5. #5
    Old Timer tedmich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sonoma CA
    Posts
    3,093
    So the lo pro edge isn't staying in tune or sounds in some other way bad to you? Proper set up can help with this, here is a good primer:
    https://jimonguitar.wordpress.com/20...-type-tremolo/
    Do you want to lose the locking bridge to allow you to try different tuning more easily or just not have to mess with all the semi-complex mechanicals? Then maybe block it out and see if its as good as you'd hope. If it is maybe a fixed bridge would be a good idea BUT such a retrofit will be
    -complex
    -expensive
    -never look as good as the original AND
    -will make the resale value much lower.

    Do you imagine the fixed bridge will have better sustain? I'd just use more gain but these can help too
    https://www.hantug.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=66

    I'd set it up right and sell the guitar if you still hate it.

  6. #6
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,919
    With respect, the problem with most trems is the player - me included. I just can't get on with floating designs. With my Floyd-Rose equipped Kramer I blocked it so it doesn't pull up and set a fairly strong string tension to resist pitch changes on unbent strings. Yet I see Jan Cyrka playing 'In the end' on the same setup (but left fully floating) and he doesn't have any problems.

    You don't say what your problem is with your existing setup - what do you want to fix?
    Richard likes this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    503
    Do we even know if this bridge works as claimed? I know the principle is that normal tuning systems maintain a fixed length of guitar string and the Evertune uses springs to maintain a fixed tension. It seems like the springs would be just as susceptible to temperature changes as the strings. Maybe I'm lucky, I rarely have issues with tuning stability.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Bailey View Post
    With respect, the problem with most trems is the player - me included. I just can't get on with floating designs. With my Floyd-Rose equipped Kramer I blocked it so it doesn't pull up and set a fairly strong string tension to resist pitch changes on unbent strings. Yet I see Jan Cyrka playing 'In the end' on the same setup (but left fully floating) and he doesn't have any problems.

    You don't say what your problem is with your existing setup - what do you want to fix?
    I want my guitar to be a fixed bridge and i think to block it completely!
    Evertune keeps the guitar in tune for a long time but i'm thinking wether to install it. Still checking.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Do we even know if this bridge works as claimed? I know the principle is that normal tuning systems maintain a fixed length of guitar string and the Evertune uses springs to maintain a fixed tension. It seems like the springs would be just as susceptible to temperature changes as the strings. Maybe I'm lucky, I rarely have issues with tuning stability.
    evertune works; i traded a few pm's with a guy who's using it.
    thing is the bridge does remove some playability away from the guitar...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wired for bridge
    By ty_tone in forum Music Electronics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2016, 07:55 PM
  2. Gibson - better bridge?
    By pdf64 in forum Guitar Tech
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 10:58 PM
  3. Experience with the Evertune Bridge?
    By Mark Hammer in forum Guitar Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 10:53 PM
  4. B+ CT or Bridge
    By Ned in forum Music Electronics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 06:31 PM
  5. Bridge inserts
    By Siceone in forum Guitar Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 06:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •