Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By nosaj
  • 1 Post By Mick Bailey
  • 1 Post By nosaj

Thread: Pot for Arion SCH-1?

  1. #1
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chill-Ville, VA
    Posts
    2,084

    Pot for Arion SCH-1?

    Hi all,

    Not my regular haunt... does anyone have a go-to for esoteric & obsolete pedal parts? I am looking for a 100kB (linear) pot w. a ~12mm body for my beloved Arion chorus... Shaft I can try to kludge if needed. I'm going to contact Boss after checking some of my unused pedals for potential retrofits; maybe Boss has something that will work. Even better, anyone got a junker sitting around that you'd let go?

    I'd rather avoid the huge parts distributors if possible, just due to my technical ineptitude in perusing their catalogs....

    Thanks,

    Justin
    "Are you practicing in the lobby of the municipal library? It's still a guitar amp and it SHOULD make some noise (!!!)" - Chuck H. -
    "When receiving a shock I emit a strange loud high pitched girlish squeak." - Alex R -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Thomas View Post
    Hi all,

    Not my regular haunt... does anyone have a go-to for esoteric & obsolete pedal parts? I am looking for a 100kB (linear) pot w. a ~12mm body for my beloved Arion chorus... Shaft I can try to kludge if needed. I'm going to contact Boss after checking some of my unused pedals for potential retrofits; maybe Boss has something that will work. Even better, anyone got a junker sitting around that you'd let go?

    I'd rather avoid the huge parts distributors if possible, just due to my technical ineptitude in perusing their catalogs....

    Thanks,

    Justin
    Can you work with this?
    https://www.taydaelectronics.com/cat.../?q=100k+b+pot

    nosaj

  3. #3
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chill-Ville, VA
    Posts
    2,084
    Nosaj,

    If you can say you've ordered from them with good results in the recent past, I think I found something there that should work... my main limiting factor is the 12mm or smaller body, and I think one of the little green-bodied cube-shaped one would work. I'll still see if Boss might have something, too, as I've got a history with them... Thanks for the parts supplier option!

    Justin
    "Are you practicing in the lobby of the municipal library? It's still a guitar amp and it SHOULD make some noise (!!!)" - Chuck H. -
    "When receiving a shock I emit a strange loud high pitched girlish squeak." - Alex R -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Thomas View Post
    Nosaj,

    If you can say you've ordered from them with good results in the recent past, I think I found something there that should work... my main limiting factor is the 12mm or smaller body, and I think one of the little green-bodied cube-shaped one would work. I'll still see if Boss might have something, too, as I've got a history with them... Thanks for the parts supplier option!

    Justin
    They're easy to deal with and have lots of different useful things. You can get a ton of stuff for under $20, Resistors, transistors, pedal enclosures. I've used them quite a bit. They used to ship from Thailand( 4-5 years ago) but now you can get stuff in a few days. I recommend them.

    nosaj
    Justin Thomas likes this.

  5. #5
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,837
    I'm a Tayda regular. Just last week a batch of switches and C-taper pots turned up from Thailand (I'm in the UK) inside of 8 days. They're very good, reliable and I don't hesitate to buy from them.

    Just look out for discount/coupon codes and you can save a few more %.
    Justin Thomas likes this.

  6. #6
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chill-Ville, VA
    Posts
    2,084
    I found three that MIGHT work, so I ordered three of each. The prices are cheap enough, I might as well keep spares. I ended up getting the little square-bodied Alphas, because I needed a tiny footprint on the board. So, I'll see how it turns out when they get here!

    Thanks for the supplier hint. Easy.

    Justin
    "Are you practicing in the lobby of the municipal library? It's still a guitar amp and it SHOULD make some noise (!!!)" - Chuck H. -
    "When receiving a shock I emit a strange loud high pitched girlish squeak." - Alex R -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Thomas View Post
    I found three that MIGHT work, so I ordered three of each. The prices are cheap enough, I might as well keep spares. I ended up getting the little square-bodied Alphas, because I needed a tiny footprint on the board. So, I'll see how it turns out when they get here!

    Thanks for the supplier hint. Easy.

    Justin
    At prices like those it's hard not to get parts to build pedals you've wanted to hear.

    nosaj
    Justin Thomas likes this.

  8. #8
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chill-Ville, VA
    Posts
    2,084
    Just a follow-up: pedal is fixed. Glad I got three pots; took some trial & error to make one fit, and I had to do some parts-hacking, and also to graft the old long shaft onto the new one. I cut most of the old shaft off, and the top portion of the new pot' s shaft. Both were hollow, so with a bit of drilling, I was able to make a big enough hole to hold a headless screw. Then I melted the two bits of plastic together and straightened the lengthened shaft. The shaft is a little stiff in a guide hole, but I can ream that out later.

    In the process of work, turns out I nicked a trace on the PCB, which made the Speed stick on 10. After some continuity checking and looking for solder bridges (which I also had), I found the cut trace and tacked in a wire. And now all is well with my beloved chorus pedal! Thanks for the supplier again - that opens up some doors.

    Now, to fix my redplating Concert... And I may take the EF86 out of my last build - they're getting to be a real P.I.T.A.

    Justin
    "Are you practicing in the lobby of the municipal library? It's still a guitar amp and it SHOULD make some noise (!!!)" - Chuck H. -
    "When receiving a shock I emit a strange loud high pitched girlish squeak." - Alex R -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Arion Stereo Chorus Sch-1 schematic request
    By Henry909 in forum Schematic Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 11:23 PM
  2. Arion SCH-1 Stereo Chorus pedal dating
    By wrenchbender in forum Guitar Effects
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 06:15 PM
  3. Arion SCH-1 Questions
    By BF84 in forum Guitar Effects
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 07:01 PM
  4. LERA circuit with an Arion SCH-1.. Mark Hammer?
    By Neal in forum Guitar Effects
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 03:37 PM
  5. Arion SHC-Z mod to SCH-1 ?
    By clapointe in forum Guitar Effects
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 05:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •