Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 36 to 43 of 43
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Pickup Makers FAQ

  1. #36
    Member Rodent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    98
    I already wound a few coils with these larger diameter mags from Shea, and am liking the result
    big_teee likes this.

  2. #37
    ToneOholic! big_teee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mid-South USA
    Posts
    9,546
    I wanted to make all pickup winders aware of Tone Kraft, a pickup parts company that seems to really cater to Pickup builders.
    They are stocking more parts constantly.
    They do custom laser work, with logos and such.
    I haven't purchased from them yet, but not heard a unkind word about them.
    They have some great volume prices, and no Dealer account needed!
    Shipping seems very reasonable too.
    Wind Your Own Pickups, Guitar Pickup Kits, Alnico Rod Magnets, Pickup Flatwork, Tone Kraft
    Check them out!
    T
    John_H and dave_b like this.
    Technicians Run the World, but Bankers, Lawyers, and Accountants, Take All The Credit!
    Keep Rockin! B_T
    Terry

  3. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by big_teee View Post
    I wanted to make all pickup winders aware of Tone Kraft, a pickup parts company that seems to really cater to Pickup builders.
    They are stocking more parts constantly.
    They do custom laser work, with logos and such.
    I haven't purchased from them yet, but not heard a unkind word about them.
    They have some great volume prices, and no Dealer account needed!
    Shipping seems very reasonable too.
    Wind Your Own Pickups, Guitar Pickup Kits, Alnico Rod Magnets, Pickup Flatwork, Tone Kraft
    Check them out!
    T
    I will second this. They have great prices, quick delivery, great custom choices. Hopefully they are able to offer some of the same flexibility in humbucker parts eventually.
    big_teee likes this.

  4. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    8
    Just had some great A3 and A5 rods from Sensmag, China.
    Fantastic service and good tolerances on the parts too.
    Great packing and shipping too!

  5. #40
    ToneOholic! big_teee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mid-South USA
    Posts
    9,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Rog_B View Post
    Just had some great A3 and A5 rods from Sensmag, China.
    Fantastic service and good tolerances on the parts too.
    Great packing and shipping too!
    Could you add for our members, any prices, shipping, and ordering info for Sensmag.
    Thanks,
    T
    Technicians Run the World, but Bankers, Lawyers, and Accountants, Take All The Credit!
    Keep Rockin! B_T
    Terry

  6. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by big_teee View Post
    Could you add for our members, any prices, shipping, and ordering info for Sensmag.
    Thanks,
    T
    Sure, I am glad to help them out with some more business, a very professional operation!
    Magnet - High-quality Magnet - Magnet products - permanent magnetic SENS Magnetic Products, Inc
    sales@sensmag.com
    Shipping to UK was $30 DHL - a couple of days was all it took.

    Packing was superb - there was zero chance of damage IMO.

    Costs vary according to quantity, but they are very competitive or I wouldn't have bothered.
    I paid via wire using Xendpay - takes a few days to get there.
    Tolerances on .187" were stated as .186-.188 and this was correct according to my measurements.
    Gauss readings for charged A3/A5 were as expected, finish is excellent too.

  7. #42
    Senior Member LtKojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by Rog_B View Post
    Sure, I am glad to help them out with some more business, a very professional operation!
    Magnet - High-quality Magnet - Magnet products - permanent magnetic SENS Magnetic Products, Inc
    sales@sensmag.com
    Shipping to UK was $30 DHL - a couple of days was all it took.

    Packing was superb - there was zero chance of damage IMO.

    Costs vary according to quantity, but they are very competitive or I wouldn't have bothered.
    I paid via wire using Xendpay - takes a few days to get there.
    Tolerances on .187" were stated as .186-.188 and this was correct according to my measurements.
    Gauss readings for charged A3/A5 were as expected, finish is excellent too.
    How many did you buy?
    Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy

  8. #43
    Supporting Member John_H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Posts
    922
    The bizarre guitar pickup encyclopedia. It's too bad there isn't more info, but the high res pictures are good.
    https://drowninginguitars.com/2012/0...-encyclopedia/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 12:41 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 03:06 AM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 05:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •