Cool, nice job.
It's tough getting reed switches dialed in. When I was experimenting with my counter I tried a few different magnets. The little neo magnet like you're using is overkill. Try a weaker magnet. It should be easier to adjust. In mine I'm using a 1/4"d x 1/2"l AlNiCo rod. drilled right into the side of my counter wheel.
The wire guide is a little high. It's much easier to wind if you can rest your hand on the tabletop. I didn't like the idea of dragging the wire over a bar so close to the bobbin. I used some small locking collars, threaded rod, and shrinktube to make vertical guides.