Isocabs. Anyone use an AxeTrack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isocabs. Anyone use an AxeTrack?

Isocabs have the benefit of little or no sound to the outside world. Most are quite large. The speaker may be swappable, but are often fixed, as are the number or positioning of mic's. Obviously there is going to be a trade off in cost vs effectiveness in some regard.

Some designs have transmission line style porting others are more like a box within a box with padding and perhaps non parallel walls. None will sound just like a speaker moving in free air in a room. That's ok and i believe that applying EQ will help to some extent, though this will not remove the any compression introduced into the sound.

With that in mind I'm interested in the AxeTrak and wonder if any one has used it. For the price size portability and weight it looks like a very useful tool. Can anyone tell me their experiences using either the current model (which you can change the angle of the mic cartridge ) or the older one ( which as a fixed off axis angle).

I'm not in a position to build my own isocab, for lack of tools and space, however would be interested to see what other people have done.
Working...
X