Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up this old loaded up tube caddy today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up this old loaded up tube caddy today.

Has some cool old manuals, non-conductive tools, and a load of oddball tubes for TV and/or radio repair. I only opened a couple of the boxes but I think many of them have never been opened or used. Pretty cool!

This is just a show and tell thread but if anyone sees anything they could use I'm willing to part with most of what's here.

~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Wow, that brings back memories. One of my first jobs out of tech school was repairing TV's for a Zenith service center. I had that exact tube caddy in the service van!
      Last edited by The Dude; 03-11-2020, 10:58 PM.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I wore out that exact transistor manual. And I had to buy a new tube manual every couple years from wearing them out. I really love those old cardboard slide rule calculators.

There are some useful tubes in there.

Great find.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Want to get rid of that transistor manual? I'll swap you RCA RC-21 tube manual.

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
            Want to get rid of that transistor manual? I'll swap you RCA RC-21 tube manual.
            I’d be happy to swap for something. I imagine your tube manual is gonna have pretty much the same info as the tube manual that came in this caddy(?). If so, do you have a tube amp circuits book of any kind? I don’t do anything much with transistors so I’d be happy to do something on it.
            ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Working...
            X