Classic Tone/Magnetic Components Going Out of Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Tone/Magnetic Components Going Out of Business

I got an email from them today stating they’re going out of business in November after three generations. They said tube amp transformer sales have been going down, serious supply chain problems, and the virus has caused them to close. Wow. I’m sure many of us have used their stuff. I was always happy with it. That’s pretty sad. I’m hoping other US transformer companies don’t fall for the same reasons.

Originally posted by Daver View Post
    I got an email from them today stating they’re going out of business in November after three generations. They said tube amp transformer sales have been going down, serious supply chain problems, and the virus has caused them to close. Wow. I’m sure many of us have used their stuff. I was always happy with it. That’s pretty sad. I’m hoping other US transformer companies don’t fall for the same reasons.
    Wow. What a bummer! I have never used their stuff (always heyboer) but I appreciate the mark they made on countless builders... and doesn't mean I wouldn't have liked the opportunity. And such a history.
    "'He who first proclaims to have golden ears is the only one in the argument who can truly have golden ears.' The opponent, therefore, must, by the rules, have tin ears, since there can only be one golden-eared person per argument." - Randall Aiken

Comment

This really sucks. I'm just getting into amp building and have been using their transformers almost exclusively.

Comment

Working...
      X