Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom chassis in europe?

Hi Gang.
    It's surprising to me how difficult it is to find a place that will make a chassis based on a cad drawing. I live in Belgium and have sent several emails to Belgian metal shops and not a single one replied. Perhaps, and somewhat understandably, nobody wants to make the chassis because it would be a low number order, but damn, at least reply and say so.

Also on recommendation, I emailed Brownsound in Italy, same thing.

And while I am on the subject, I emailed Dagnall THREE times for custom transformers (who state on their web page that they have no problems doing one-off custom trannies for customers), they haven't replied either. Perhaps I am too polite in my emails? Aww Geeez. Anyway, I digress.

Does anyone know of a place in Europe that will do one or two chassis for whatever cost with the option of ordering more in the future? Right now I get my chassis at the custom shop at Tube Town and they are great quality (wherever they source it out to) but I am limited to 70mm high chassis and I would like a > 80mm chassis so I can make two rows of 24mm pots and still have a tiny bit of room to get my big hands in there to wire it up.

70mm high would be fine if I were using cheap 16mm Alpha pots, but I go to great pains to try lots of different brands (of all components) and I am settled on Cosmos pots, which are hard to find, but only in 24mm.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated! Perhaps a member makes chassis'? oh that would be ideal.

Thanks as always!
    "'He who first proclaims to have golden ears is the only one in the argument who can truly have golden ears.' The opponent, therefore, must, by the rules, have tin ears, since there can only be one golden-eared person per argument." - Randall Aiken

try emailing the guys at brownsound.it,they can make custom stuff,iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by alexradium View Post
      try emailing the guys at brownsound.it,they can make custom stuff,iirc.
      I did that, as i said that in the original post... it has been at least two weeks now. no reply.
      "'He who first proclaims to have golden ears is the only one in the argument who can truly have golden ears.' The opponent, therefore, must, by the rules, have tin ears, since there can only be one golden-eared person per argument." - Randall Aiken

Comment

Sorry,brownsound Is out of business,asked around, there's another company doing custom stuff,I will give you a link.
        As far as transformer,Inmadout is active.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtr0 View Post
          Hi Gang.
          It's surprising to me how difficult it is to find a place that will make a chassis based on a cad drawing. I live in Belgium and have sent several emails to Belgian metal shops and not a single one replied. Perhaps, and somewhat understandably, nobody wants to make the chassis because it would be a low number order, but damn, at least reply and say so.

Also on recommendation, I emailed Brownsound in Italy, same thing.

And while I am on the subject, I emailed Dagnall THREE times for custom transformers (who state on their web page that they have no problems doing one-off custom trannies for customers), they haven't replied either. Perhaps I am too polite in my emails? Aww Geeez. Anyway, I digress.

Does anyone know of a place in Europe that will do one or two chassis for whatever cost with the option of ordering more in the future? Right now I get my chassis at the custom shop at Tube Town and they are great quality (wherever they source it out to) but I am limited to 70mm high chassis and I would like a > 80mm chassis so I can make two rows of 24mm pots and still have a tiny bit of room to get my big hands in there to wire it up.

70mm high would be fine if I were using cheap 16mm Alpha pots, but I go to great pains to try lots of different brands (of all components) and I am settled on Cosmos pots, which are hard to find, but only in 24mm.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated! Perhaps a member makes chassis'? oh that would be ideal.

Thanks as always!
          Hello, I have a couple of guys here in Croatia that can wind you some custom transformers. Also, there's a company that makes rack and stuff, but I'm sure they can make anything based on a CAD drawing.

PM me and I'll hook you up.

I need some FN motorcycle parts so I hope you can help me out as well

Comment

Well, I sort of threw in Dagnall to enhance my frustration.... Actually I have several IMO and a few Dagnall's - both power and output - IMO makes great transformers. In one case I wanted to make a sort of 800/1959 with an optional tube rectifier setup and in that particular case I wanted them to be Dagnalls... oh well.

My main concern is chassis. I need a custom chassis or two (or more).

Thanks!

Didn't know Brownsound went out of business but I saw a few of their chassis and they were very nice looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtr0 View Post
              Well, I sort of threw in Dagnall to enhance my frustration.... Actually I have several IMO and a few Dagnall's - both power and output - IMO makes great transformers. In one case I wanted to make a sort of 800/1959 with an optional tube rectifier setup and in that particular case I wanted them to be Dagnalls... oh well.

My main concern is chassis. I need a custom chassis or two (or more).

Thanks!

Didn't know Brownsound went out of business but I saw a few of their chassis and they were very nice looking.
              https://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/tt...a-service.html

Comment

That's where I get them made now, as I said there are limitations though... 600mm wide and 70mm high.

Okay, well, I get the impression that it's just not gonna happen. Thanks anyway!

Comment

Modulus amps in the UK so custom one of chassis I believe

Comment

Tube-town.de does custom chassis.

Comment

Working...
                    X