Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lynn's jig
    google
    Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

In my opinion, the box joint or finger joint is a superior joint for a cabinet. As you will need to cut more box joints than dove tails for the same width of board, you will ultimately end up with more glue surface area.

Dovetails are best used in drawers or cabinets where the joint is oriented vertically. On the amp cabinet, the joint is oriented horizontally and will not resist racking as effectively as a finger joint. Not that it probably matters all that much. Regardless, I use finger joints due to the inherent greater strength in this particular application.

Comment

help, I have setup the dovetail jig and I must have the bushing set to high as I cannot cut anything. Could someone shed some light! I maesured the half inch like the video says and set the jig and then when I go to cut nothing seems to work properly so before I burn out a bit I thought to come to this forum in hopes that someone can help me out!
        Bill

Comment

It is hard to understand just what the problem might be with just text. Can you post any pictures? A picture of you setting the depth might help.

Comment

weekend worker, yes please post a pic or give more detail. I use a table saw and a dadoblade. I just build a jig using scrap wood and bolt it to my cross cut guide. Takes 20 minutes total and its pretty much free.

Built this recently:

Comment

Working...
            X