A couple DuKane 1C460A's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple DuKane 1C460A's

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, this is my first post.

I just picked up (what i think is a great) deal off of craigslist for a couple of vintage DuKane 1C460A PA heads and I wanted to hear your thoughts on my options. They are dated 1956 on the schematics inside the chassis and I believe they have an output of around 30 watts. The seller told me that he messed around with one trying to convert it for guitar himself but eventually gave up, and the other is in working condition (he fired it up with a variac.)

I'm just wondering what the possibilities are with these. I'm thinking of stripping the one that he messed with and then building my own circuit out of it, and with the good one, possibly converting it to a Bassman 5F6A.

http://www.schematicheaven.com/hifia...ssman_5f6a.pdf

I found this layout on schematicheaven.com but I can't read any of the values of the components, and I'm beginning to wonder the degree of difficulty in this conversion. I have only built one tube amp before and it was a little two watter, so I'm not all that knowledgeable about building.

The seller also threw in some random transformers with the deal and a set of tubes, along with a box of various other components.

I am eager to get started, but I don't want to jump in over my head and get lost in it without a clear idea of what I'm doing. I attached some pictures so you can see what I have to work with. Sorry for the bad quality I only had my cell phone camera, but you'll get the idea.

Well, thanks a lot, hope to get some input on this situation soon haha I want to get started asap

-Mike A
    Attached Files
    Last edited by maudette; 11-13-2008, 06:56 PM.
Working...
X