Akai 1710

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akai 1710

I just picked up an Akai 1710 reel to reel tape recorder and was wondering what it would take to convert this into a guitar amp. It has 2 12at7 and 2 6bm8 tubes (one set for each channel). It also has an Orion p107c Power transformer. I've searched and haven't been able to find any info on this model. Any information (schematics, etc.) on what I can do with this would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to get my $6 worth that I paid for it.

that's a nice deck. you sure you want to shop that up? i ask because 6bm8 tubes are not very common if you have to replace them and you could certainly make a little cash off that deck.

Comment

Originally posted by mkgearhead View Post
      I just picked up an Akai 1710 reel to reel tape recorder and was wondering what it would take to convert this into a guitar amp. It has 2 12at7 and 2 6bm8 tubes (one set for each channel). It also has an Orion p107c Power transformer. I've searched and haven't been able to find any info on this model. Any information (schematics, etc.) on what I can do with this would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to get my $6 worth that I paid for it.
      Hello ,

My son sure could use that transformer from that Akai deck , if you still have it.

Send me an email to ....sendrepliestome...at...gmail.com

We can talk more about it then .

Comment

Working...
      X