Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organ Conversions - Guitar Preamp/Master Vol/ Tone... Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sgelectric
    replied
    I assume you've seem this: Converting Integrated/PA Tube Amps into Guitar Amps.

Leave a comment:

• Hanger-18
    replied
    The reason I started this was after thorough scouring this site. I may have missed some things, but really have seen a need to almost map out the process. The conversions have gone fromm just using the organ as parts for a whole new build. I've also seen where there has been a factory preamp used in front of the AMP. I've also seen examples of tone stacks added without explanation. So any one with more experience with modding these I have #3 conn 541's, a Silvertone4784(looks like Magnatone 410 tremelo), and a couple solid state Conn's with reverbs, Rola speakers, and Leslie's.... People here have started almost just bringing these to me. Thanks for any help you can give, my wife wants me to start on remodeling the dinning room soon....

Leave a comment:

• sgelectric
    replied
    Welcome to the forum.
    Check out this sub-forum under Guitar Amps.Lots of organ amp conversions.

Conversion Projects

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Organ Conversions - Guitar Preamp/Master Vol/ Tone... Help!

Anyone out there got great ideas to convert organ's to guitar amps. Really not interested in re-making one from scratch. Just re-engineering what's needed with what's already there. I have #3 Conn 541's from early sixties and have the schems. Unbelievably they have transistors in an off-board preamp. Would like to possibly reuse the 12 au7's used for the keys in the preamp. Maybe as a second valve (cause 12au7's are about 20% amplification) I'm trying to find a way to also reuse the leslies as they would easily fit into the bottom of a 4-12 speaker cabinet along with the vintage 2-12's in the top. I need to really get the tone stack figured out, the tube preamp figured out, and a way to add a master volume and volume. Any help will clear out my garage.
Working...
X