Building Custom Head Cabinet For Peavey Special 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good.

I have had pretty good luck just cutting the combo cabinet down into a head. I used a circular saw and cut sections out of the sides to move the bottom up and removing the speaker baffle. When I did it the cuts in the tolex were barely visable since there was still tolex on all pieces. There was just a seam that closed well when I rejoined the bottom to the sides with glue.

Comment

glebert, I plan to try making a speaker cab with a Bandit cab I have. I haven't really measured yet, but I think I can peel the tolex back enough to cut the top down on a table saw. If I need to I'll cover the boo boos with a contrasting "racing stripe"!

Comment

Gents.....

I thought about trying to cut down the combo cab and reattaching a bottom piece. Perhaps I had little confidence in my word working abilities. Tell me, how did you peel back the tolex without tearing it? I think I saw someone use an old clothes iron to heat up the glue? Any other tricks?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomCarlos View Post
          Gents.....

I thought about trying to cut down the combo cab and reattaching a bottom piece. Perhaps I had little confidence in my word working abilities. Tell me, how did you peel back the tolex without tearing it? I think I saw someone use an old clothes iron to heat up the glue? Any other tricks?

Tom
          I didn't peel back the tolex, just cut right through it with my circular saw. It didn't pull away from the wood at all. If it did it can be glued back down. If there is any exposed wood or gaps I would probably fill it with some black paint.

Comment

Working...
          X